The 8th November Talk lead by Dr Patricia Saintey and Lyn Page provided interesting, clear and insightful information regarding Heart Rate Variability and Coherence in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
As per the previous talk on the 13th September, the following aspects were addressed:
- How to improve resilience by working on breathing and developing a positive emotional state to improve heart rate variability and develop coherence.
- The underlying physiology and the vagus nerve, including demonstrating with bio feedback devices to show heart rate variability.
- How heart rate variability can be entrained with breathing to develop a smooth rhythmic wave form which we call coherence.
- How HRV is applicable in improving resilience nearly all situations, potentially lessening the dependence on certain medications.
The talk received highly positive and encouraging feedback, with 100% of respondents commented positively.
94% found the difficulty level of the material “Just right”, and 35% requested for more information, or left their email address.
Positive remarks included: “Informative and interesting”, “Very relaxed atmosphere”, “Easy to follow”, “Presentation was enjoyable” and “Clear, helpful delivery”.
The respondents also provided the following suggestions and highlighted areas for improvement:
- more meetings
- a reading list
- group discussions
- higher involvement
- smaller groups
- more explanations and practical means to help relieve stress.
The next talk will be held on the 7th February at 6:30pm at the Meadows Surgery, Ilminster.