Care Quality Commission (CQC) awards The Meadows a 'Good' rating...
The Meadows Surgery, in Ilminster has been awarded an overall rating of ‘Good’, in all elements of the inspection criteria, following a full comprehensive inspection of healthcare services from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in May 2019.
The comprehensive inspection took place after the surgery became part of Symphony Healthcare Services (SHS) back in November 2018 and follows the last CQC inspection that took place in December 2017.
The surgery team were praised for providing a ‘good’ service across all areas including safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led areas.
Media release - CQC awards The Meadows 'Good' rating
The 8th November Talk lead by Dr Patricia Saintey and Lyn Page provided interesting, clear and insightful information regarding Heart Rate Variability and Coherence in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
As per the previous talk on the 13th September, the following aspects were addressed:
- How to improve resilience by working on breathing and developing a positive emotional state to improve heart rate variability and develop coherence.
- The underlying physiology and the vagus nerve, including demonstrating with bio feedback devices to show heart rate variability.
- How heart rate variability can be entrained with breathing to develop a smooth rhythmic wave form which we call coherence.
- How HRV is applicable in improving resilience nearly all situations, potentially lessening the dependence on certain medications.
The talk received highly positive and encouraging feedback, with 100% of respondents commented positively.
94% found the difficulty level of the material “Just right”, and 35% requested for more information, or left their email address.
Positive remarks included: “Informative and interesting”, “Very relaxed atmosphere”, “Easy to follow”, “Presentation was enjoyable” and “Clear, helpful delivery”.
The respondents also provided the following suggestions and highlighted areas for improvement:
- more meetings
- a reading list
- group discussions
- higher involvement
- smaller groups
- more explanations and practical means to help relieve stress.
The next talk will be held on the 7th February at 6:30pm at the Meadows Surgery, Ilminster.